HELP: Can't add. Size exceeded

Options
This occurs for all clients after entering loading the game scene with multiple players, here's the full log:
Exception: Can't add. Size exceeded.
  at Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork+SerializeViewBatch.Add (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 viewData) [0x00034] in C:\Users\adam\OneDrive\Documents\ProjectStarfighter\Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1387 
  at Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.RunViewUpdate () [0x00123] in C:\Users\adam\OneDrive\Documents\ProjectStarfighter\Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1464 
  at Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.LateUpdate () [0x00025] in C:\Users\adam\OneDrive\Documents\ProjectStarfighter\Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\PhotonHandler.cs:146 

Here's my code for joining / creating rooms:

StartAsHost() and JoinServer() are both called from buttons, connecting is done beforehand. I'm not sure what to do from here or what the error even means.

Comments

• Wschmidth
    Options
    Found the issue.
    I thought it was something to do with joining the room due to another similar issue I found on Google.
    It was actually related to the Photon View component. Turns out it's not a good idea to read/write static lists in OnPhotonSerializeView.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Wschmidth,

Thanks for your input!

I have updated my answer on the other discussion here.
  • Tobias
    Options
    @Wschmidth : Can you elaborate how you caused this? What to avoid?
    Others are reporting the same issue and we still didn't repro it.
  • albin
    albin
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Tobias I had the same issue, that OnPhotonSerializeView would throw this exception. My fault was that I tried to send actual objects, e.g. I had an InputData object I would send to the other players. When I replaced this with sending the contents of the InputData object instead it worked flawlessly.

Example:

Before:
    public void OnPhotonSerializeView(PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info)
      {
        if (stream.IsWriting)
        {
          stream.SendNext(this.lastInput);
        }
        else
        {
          this.lastInput = (InputData)stream.ReceiveNext();
        }
      }

After:
    public void OnPhotonSerializeView(PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info)
      {
        if (stream.IsWriting)
        {
          this.lastInput.PhotonSendNext(stream);
        }
        else
        {
          this.lastInput = InputData.PhotonReceiveNext(stream);
        }
      }
  • Tobias
    Options
    @albin : Thanks for the input! Could you show the InputData class and how it de/serializes?
    If it's a type that Photon doesn't know, you have to register de/serializer methods for this type. Then you should be able to send it as is. What you do in the "after" case, looks just as fine.