Are RPC & Raise Event guaranteed to be in order?

Options
I know that RPC's are always guaranteed to come through in the same order. I'm not sure about RPC & RaiseEvent though.

For example if I call some RPC "Spawn Player", then I call some Raise Event "Set Player". Are they guaranteed to come through as

1. "Spawn Player" executed.
2. "Set Player" executed.

The documentation seems to be lacking on this and I would love to know.

P.S. I know that RaiseEvent has Send Reliable argument but i wasn't sure if that just effects have all events come through in the same order.

Comments

• meatloaf
    Options
    After looking through the source code it looks like rpc sends an internal event when executed. I'm still not sure if order amongst event and rpc is respected though.

Would love to get an answer on this one as it is pretty fundamental to how we are going to move forward with networking in our game.
  • Hi @meatloaf,

For example if I call some RPC "Spawn Player", then I call some Raise Event "Set Player". Are they guaranteed to come through as

1. "Spawn Player" executed.
    2. "Set Player" executed.

Yes, they do.
  • meatloaf
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the clarification there. Sorry one follow up question. In that case what is the purpose of the SendReliable flag on events?
  • It makes sure, that the message gets resent if it gets lost on its way which might happen when using UDP as transport protocol.