Simulate client connections

Options
marf
marf
edited January 2012 in Photon Server
Hi, there is the possibility to simulate X client connections that connect to my PhotonServer, I need it to do some tests on my server.

Comments

• buck
    Options
    I'm looking into trying to test out the Photon Cloud services. I want to test with real people vs a script.

Not sure exactly how much Photon Cloud services can handle.
  • marf
    Options
    Yeah, but I mean the own server, not the PhotonCloud.
  • buck
    Options
    You have your own server? That's cool :D

There is a test client available in an install. Have you checked that out? I'm not sure how to go about testing Photon. I've used simulated testing for web sites but not for a multiplayer.
  • marf
    Options
    Yeah, but a test client is one user :D
  • buck
    Options
    hmm...I remember that the script tested 4 players. It's available as an instance1 in the Photon control panel.

Can Exit Games chime in on this one? This to me is a very important item that I am sure many will want the answer to, including myself. I am not at that level but I eventually will be.
  • marf
    Options
    Mmm I'll try it, thanks ;)
  • Tobias
    Options
    So far, we didn't develop a special "client simulation" framework or similar. Each developed game is different and requires different data to be sent. Maybe you even run several, distinct tests for a single application and try to evaluate different situations separately.

Any process can run as many peers as there is performance to run clients. This should get you in a good position to prepare a simplified logic for clients. Just make them clever enough to connect and get into a game where they "play" a regular session or they just send data similar to the updates you would send in-game.

This is a bit more complicated in Photon Unity Networking though, as you usually make use of the static PhotonNetwork methods.