Players can't join games anymore!!!

Options
This has been happening recently, but all of a sudden no one can join a game using automaticallySyncScene.
The players get stuck on the main screen after the user was joined to the room. The scene never changes and it just freezes. No error messages at all....

Comments

• S_Oliver
    S_Oliver ✭✭✭
    Options
    How you load your Scene?
  • OneEyed
    OneEyed
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I did a lot of digging into the networking issue.
    It appears its related to these RoomOptions:
    roomOptions.PlayerTtl = 10000;
    roomOptions.EmptyRoomTtl = 60000;

The code we use to Join the room is this:
    if (!PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom()) { PhotonNetwork.Disconnect(); SceneManager.LoadScene("MasterScene"); }

With automaticallySyncScene = true, the players should have their scene changed immediately. However, if the master client leaves the room, and the room remains open, it looks like it leaves the room without a master client with no replacement, and our players get stuck in the main screen, waiting for a scene change. It does still show to players that X number of players are in room. So, they enter room, but never get any signal to change their scene. Takes about 60+ seconds to disconnect.

I still don't have a workaround. But I did set the EmptyRoomTtl to 0, but it will take a while to propagate to my playerbase.

EDIT: The room shows the master client in there, and IsInactive = false. Not sure what else I can do. I've been trying to hijack using SetMasterClient, but that could cause even more headache I think.