Shared ownership (soccer, air hockey etc)

Options
This has been asked about before, but the answers doesn't help me with the small Ownership transfer lag.
In a game like this: https://youtube.com/watch?v=wIsFce5SZ3I
I have two players and a ball with a photonview. When the player touch the ball, the ownership is transfered to them. This causes some noticeable jitter and by doing so, I can't "push" the ball during the transfer.
That means that when I want to hit the ball back (when it goes toward my player) it doesn't push back, but stops .... the second hit works as intended (but that is probably because the transfer has occured).

Comments

• S_Oliver
    S_Oliver ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like an Interesting problem.I like to rebuild your Game but before making thoughts are you using a Rigidbody ?
  • Code
    Options
    @S_Oliver yes, they are based on rigidbodies. You control the player using your finger and when it hits the football, an RPC are sent based on the hitpower and direction. The player himself is kinematic.
  • Code
    Options
    I really hate to bump this. But is this still such a hard thing to do? Well I suppose it is, since every question/answer I've found so far has been incomplete.