Photon SDK Authentication failed. Check AppId.

Options
friuns
friuns
when i try to connect to local Photon 3 server client says
Authentication failed. Check AppId.

how to fix that?

tried Photon 2 there no errors in console but it still offline

ah fixed, in your example was differend port

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    Photon 3 RC6 or RC7 removed the 'automatic fallback to default appid' if the provided app id was incorrect.
    so ensure to use a valid app id in the connect call. In case of PUN that has to be Master and you have to start the LoadBalancing instance
  • friuns
    Options
    now i get this when i trying to create room
    return base.Connect(serverAddress, appID, nodeId); serverAddress is null

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect..ctor (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer npeer, System.String ipPort)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.Connect (System.String ipport, System.String appID, Byte nodeId)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.Connect (System.String serverAddress, System.String applicationName, Byte node)
    NetworkingPeer.Connect (System.String serverAddress, System.String appID, Byte nodeId) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:166)
    NetworkingPeer.OnStatusChanged (StatusCode statusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:931)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.Disconnected ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect.<Run>b__1 ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    PhotonHandler.Update () (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:75)
  • dreamora
    Options
    serverAdress must not be null it must be the ip:port string for the target to connect to.
  • friuns
    Options
    yes its 127.0.0.1 in photon settings and i successfully connected to photon server, when i Create room it throw me this, please read the log
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Are you connecting with a client ,which is running on a different computer than the server?
    In that case you have to set the addresses in the game server configs to a public address first.
  • friuns
    Options
    i testing it on same computer, its connected to server successfully

im using DemoWorker from asset store. and Photon 3 server. today downloaded

with cloud it works fine
  • friuns
    Options
    ok i recreated project and imported again, now works fine, sorry
  • Hi,

I have the same problem, whenever I try to connect to my own server the unity console gives to me back this message:
    OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: -1 (Unknown operation code 230). Parameters: {}
    I've tryed to run AngryBots_MP using the localhost server and works also using the photon cloud server and also works, but with my own server with photon server v3 running in balanced mode (and instance1) I can't get it working because of this error.
    I use this settings:
    Host Type: Self hosted
    Server address: my.photon.server.ip
    Server port: 5055
    App id: Master
    What i'm doing wrong? Could you please give to me some hints?

Thanks in advance!
  • I have a problem trying to connect Unity3d Viking Demo to local server

127.0.0.1:5055
    Appid Master
    v1.0

The error is
  • dreamora
    Options
    you can not run LoadBalance and Instance1 at the same time without changing the config.
    Ensure to have instance1 shut down if you want to use LoadBalance and vice versa :)
  • Tobias
    Options
    Thanks dreamora!
    I extended the logging for authentication issues. The next update will hint you to start "Instance LoadBalancing" or to check the appId - depending on the concrete error.
  • The solution is to start LoadBalancing instead of simple Instance
  • sytyi said:

The solution is to start LoadBalancing instead of simple Instance

Could you explain how to do this please?