Cannot join/create room ... stuck at ConnectedToNameServer

Options
My problem is intermittent. I have been testing Photon now for the past 5 days or so. Most of the time, everything works fine. Suddenly, without changes to my code, my players will fail to join/create a room and the output from "PhotonNetwork.connectionStateDetailed.ToString()" gets stuck on either "PeerConnected" or "ConnectedToNameServer".

I have "AutoJoineLobby" enabled.

I am using the "US" region.

Things work fine (usually when I switch from PhotonCloud to Best Region) but I need my game to channel players to the same game, therefore I need to preselect a region server.

I've noticed the ping ms for the US region reaching 4000ms from observing the log output when trying best region.

All my observations suggest intermittent availability of the US region server. When it goes down, it stays long periods, over an hour at times. When it works, it works all day.

Is this happening because I am using the FREE evaluation license? There's no way this could be trusted for production.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @edgrimaldi,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

We had issues on Photon Cloud US East region today for a short period of time.
    Always keep an eye on our twitter account for #status updates.
  • edgrimaldi
    Options
    uh... Ok???

Did you have "issues" a few days ago, for the better part of the morning? We attempted to test the app for hours, thinking it was our code, only to return the next day to find everything working. Very frustrating.

And did you read my whole post? You didn't you answer my other question? Is this because I'm using the free evaluation subscription? Do production games experience this? What do your production users do when issues take their game down. What is your uptime guarantee/statistics on your cloud servers? This appears to be a really good solution for us, but downtime like what we've experienced takes a toll on our confidence.

Also, do users really have to wait for a tweet to learn that there's a problem on your servers? Is there something on our dashboard that can help us dismiss the possibility of "issues" immediately before we waste hours trying to fix something that isn't broke? Very import for us to know at this stage.

Thank you in advance for answering ALL these questions.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want SLAs you should get in touch with us for Enterprise Cloud.
    In the Public Cloud we always try to avoid such situations but things happen from time to time.
    You can always switch regions if one is "down".
  • edgrimaldi
    Options
    I see. If an SLA is only available under Enterprise, we may consider hosting photon on our side when the time comes. We would only be using photon for player object sync in an overworld because our app uses a custom API and database for communication and certain turn-based game-play. Thank you.