[Solved] Cloud + Join Failed on Gameserver

Options
So, I have my ID setup in Unity, and tried to login to the testGame which comes with the UnityPackage.

I get this:
OperationResponse 255: ReturnCode: -1 (Unknown operation code 255). Parameters: {}
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:85)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:691)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:702)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:48)

Join failed on gameserver.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:85)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:691)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:847)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:48)

I searched the forums, didn't really find any reasoning. Anyone? Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

EDIT: As another note. I can start the program. I enter a name, then I enter a room name. Once I click GO, that's when I get this error. Everything runs fine up until I click GO.

Comments

• This has been answered in this thread. I had this issue too

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1000
  • I know, I found your post in my search, that didn't solve the issue. Hence why I am so confused. If there was some kind of documentation of what the -1 reasoning is for, I could figure it out. For now, I'm just using Unity Networking, and hoping the converter will do what I need once I get photon working :?
  • dreamora
    Options
    the error tells what it is: unknown operation code.

this normally means:

1. you implemented an operation in the client code which you can't
    2. you use a PUN thats outdated, not the one meant for the cloud, that offers a operation no longer present.
  • Problems and Solutions:

1) I couldn't get on the Unity Asset Store because of Unity's user authentication bugs, so if you have that issue contact their support.
    2) I got the PUN from http://exitgamescloud.com/Dashboard which is linked to when you create a photon cloud account. The PUN the company itself links does not work. They should probably remove that.
    3) The asset store version, once everything got fixed with Unity, works. So once again, the version that the Dashboard says you should use... should be remove.

Hope this helps someone in the future.