PUN with culling in authoritative setup

Options
I'd like to use PUN for a large game world that is divided into small instances. I am making this authoritative by launching the Master Client myself, and then players will send their input to the Master Client. So far so good.

Now for dividing the world into small instances, there seems to be two main options:

1) Use Rooms. This is my preferred approach as it's intuitive. The downside is that the Master Client can only be in 1 room at a time, so I'd have to launch a separate Unity instance for every Room I wanted. Is there any way to work around this?

2) Use Interest Groups. My problem here is that events are only cached for group 0. So when a player is Instantiated into a group, he won't see any Player objects that were previously Instantiated in that group.

If neither of these will work, is there some other way to create authoritative instances?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Zelek,

1)
    Is there any way to work around this?
    No.

If neither of these will work, is there some other way to create authoritative instances?
    Maybe try Plugins? instead of the Master Client/"pseudo headless server"/Unity instance you use authoritative code inside dll per room.
  • Zelek
    Options
    I was hoping to avoid that, as the plugin route seems rather complicated and messy compared to using a Unity server. But if there's really no way to make the Rooms or Interest Groups work in this way, I'll give plugins another try.