Problems with building for Windows Store and PUN v1.71

Options
After upgrading to the latest version of PUN I can no longer build for Windows Store Universal 8.1

At first when I build I get a bunch of errors like:
Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Plugins\PhotonNetwork\LoadbalancingPeer.cs(32,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PhotonPeer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The file Plugins\Photon3Unity3D is set to Il 2 cpp which I'm not using, that causes the problem above so I switch it to Dot Net. That solves the problem above but causes this problem instead:

Exception: Photon3Unity3D plugin has conflicting SDK values.
LibraryCollection.RegisterPlugins (IEnumerable`1 plugins, IEnumerable`1 incompatiblePlugins) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/Library.cs:179)
PostProcessWinRT.CopyPlugins () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:397)
PostProcessUniversal81.CopyPlugins () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessUniversal81.cs:76)
PostProcessWinRT.Process () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:118)
PostProcessUniversal81.Process () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessUniversal81.cs:42)
UnityEditor.Metro.BuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:133)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)

If I set Plugins\Photon3Unity3D to don't process then it builds but as soon as a call to Photon is made there is a logged error that the dll is missing.

Any suggestions how to get Photon to work again with Windows Store Universal 8.1?

Comments

• dweebster
    Options
    Hey I managed to solve it :)

First uncheck WSA on: Plugins\Photon3Unity3D

Uncheck WSA on Plugins\Uwp\Photon3Unity3D

Check WSA & ANY SDK & Any scripting backend on Plugins\Metro\Photon3Unity3D

Now it builds and works!
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Excellent, Thanks for your informations.

• Epic
    Options
    Could you please elaborate more? What do you mean by Uncheck and Check? This is an unity or VS thing?. I'm new to VS and cant find anything like that in there.