Connect() to 'ns.exitgames.com' () failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known

Options
Hello,

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here, but I am checking my code in the case where it wouldn't be able to connect because of network issues and I get the following error:

Connect() to 'ns.exitgames.com' () failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known.

which is fine, but then I never receive any kind of error to handle, Connect returns true and no other event is received, so my code is waiting for a response indefinitely, is this how this is suppose to behave? if so how is it recommended to handle not being able to connect to photon because of network issues.

My current test case:
1) disabling the network adapter in control panel. I have also tried just pulling the Ethernet cable out
2) Call ConnectToRegion(CloudRegionCode.us, "1.0")

Result: ConnectToRegion returns true then nothing

Thanks,
Lake Effect

Comments

• ChristianB
    Options
    Hello,

can you try again? There was probably a deploy going on at the time you tried and you may have had bad luck by being routed to a server that was just being updated at that moment.
  • LakeEffect
    Options
    I am intentionally testing with out a connection. I want to make sure my code that reacts to not having a connection works correctly but I am not getting false from Connect and I am not getting any other event saying that it failed.
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

uhm yes, I can replicate this. I have raised a ticket internally, we need to address this.

Thanks for spotting and reporting on this :)

Bye,

Jean

• LakeEffect
    Options
    Yup, no problem
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

ok, so after some investigation, I can not reproduce this, Maybe I was not waiting enough, the timeout is 30 seconds, and you will receive a callback "OnFailedToConnectToPhoton()".

Can you try again on your end using for example the script "ConnectAndJoinRandom" which does implement this and does trigger properly in the case you mention.

If you still have this, we'll investigate further.

Bye,

Jean