PUN 2 UWP Build Errors

Options
I am using Unity 2019.4.10. I am able to import PUN 2 and no errors are displayed after importing. But when I try to build for UWP then I am getting 113 errors.

Some errors include :

1. Assets\Photon\PhotonChat\Code\ChatPeer.cs(16,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
2. Assets\Photon\PhotonChat\Code\ChatPeer.cs(46,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IPhotonPeerListener' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Comments

• rowlandjonathan
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Using PUN 2 (2.22 version)
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi @rowlandjonathan,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

If you don't use Photon Chat try removing it completely and rebuild.
    Remove whole folder "Assets\Photon\PhotonChat".
  • Hi @JohnTube I have deleted the Photon Chat folder and now its reduced to 70 errors. I don't think I can delete files to solve any more errors. Here are some of the errors

1. Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\Room.cs(25,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    2. Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\Player.cs(23,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
  • rowlandjonathan
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube I just found this link https://doc.photonengine.com/zh-tw/pun/v2/troubleshooting/known-issues. Since I am using Unity 2019.4.10 (LTS) it automatically uses the IL2CPP scripting backend but how do I make sure that the "Photon3Unity3D.dll is used from /Assets/Photon/PhotonLibs/ directory" ?
  • rowlandjonathan
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Solved the errors by changing the Photon/PhotonLibs/Metro/Photon3Unity3D.dll's import setting. Changed the scripting backend as 'IL2CPP' with only WSAPlayer platform selected.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @rowlandjonathan,

Thank you for sharing your fix.
    I think we were assuming that when IL2CPP is used, we automatically target .NET 4 and then "Photon/PhotonLibs/netstandard2.0/Photon3Unity3D.dll" will be used instead.
    We will review.
  • OdoVR
    Options
    @rowlandjonathan

Thank you for posting your solution - I was having exactly the same issue!!
  • _JJWH
    Options
    Solved the errors by changing the Photon/PhotonLibs/Metro/Photon3Unity3D.dll's import setting. Changed the scripting backend as 'IL2CPP' with only WSAPlayer platform selected.
    I tried to do this but I ran into a new problem

Reference Rewriter found some errors while running with command "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Tools.Runtime.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.TeleportSystem.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.SpatialAwarenessSystem.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.SceneSystem.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.InputSystem.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.InputSimulation.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.InputAnimation.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.DiagnosticsSystem.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\PhotonChat.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.CameraSystem.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.SDK.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Providers.XRSDK.WindowsMixedReality.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Providers.XRSDK.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Providers.WindowsVoiceInput.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Providers.WindowsMixedReality.Shared.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Providers.WindowsMixedReality.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Gltf.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Async.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Services.BoundarySystem.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.XR.LegacyInputHelpers.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\PhotonRealtime.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\PhotonUnityNetworking.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\PhotonUnityNetworking.Demos.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Unity.XR.WindowsMR.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Unity.XR.ARSubsystems.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Unity.XR.ARFoundation.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Unity.Timeline.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Unity.TextMeshPro.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Unity.Subsystem.Registration.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\PhotonUnityNetworking.Utilities.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\RestSharp.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll" "--additionalreferences=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed,Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X64,Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\ARM,Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\ARM64,Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Plugins\X86" "--platform=C:\Windows10SDK\UnionMetadata\10.0.19041.0\Facade\Windows.winmd" "--dbg=pdb" "--framework=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed"
  • ylhubeiwuhan
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I was having exactly the same issue. How did you solve it

• How can I solve this problem
  • I think the new versions automatically sets the right import setting . I didn't have to change settings with new version. @ylhubeiwuhan
  • Tobias
    Options
    Yes, PUN 2.23 should have this fixed. It's easier you update, as you don't seem to know how to fix the export settings.
  • Joaquin
    Joaquin
    edited June 2023
    Options

wow, 2023 and this bug is back

We can't build for UWP in IL2CPP, i've tried changing the export settings, the placeholder, everything... no luck