connection failed

Options
i can't connect to a photon server
and i got every time this kind of messages
TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: ns.exitgames.com:5058. Check if the server is available.

and i want just to know that if doesn't matter the region where you are for using service of photon engine?

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi @Inpmrk,

Make sure to open required ports in your firewall(s).

Try accessing Photon from different machine(s) / network(s) and see if the issue persists.

i want just to know that if doesn't matter the region where you are for using service of photon engine?
    It matters. Read more about regions.
  • Inpmrk
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube thanks very much for your helping
    so i can't use photon engine in Africa
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    so i can't use photon engine in Africa
    Of course you can! What I meant is that your location makes a difference in matter of distance to server(s) and thus delay / latency / ping. I'm typing this from Tunis, Tunisia, north Africa!
  • Inpmrk
    Inpmrk
    edited March 2019
    Options
    nice to meet you @JohnTube
    as you said maybe i should Make sure to open required ports in my firewall(s).
    but i don' t know exactly how i can do that
    i am just a beginner so if you could give some help i will apreciate that very much
  • Tobias
    Options
    Sorry, we cannot help with setting up your firewall and checking the connections. There are too many options and we consider this out of scope for our free support.
    There should be plenty of guides for this, so give it a quick search.

Maybe this page has some helpful tweak for you:
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/v2/troubleshooting/analyzing-disconnects