instantiate players with different data PUN2 Unity

Hi everyone.

I create matchmaking with PUN2 in Unity2d. I have a room for two players, which I spawn across each other. For players I have the prefab. This prefab is an object with panels for equipment. In the game scene I fill these panels by script. So I have a problem with filling spawned players.

Two ways, that I tried:

1. Fill player after instantiating. If I use condition myPhotonView.IsMine -> spawning only "my" player in the game scene. If without this condition -> two players are spawned, BUT only my player has his panels filled.
  2. Fill player before. In this way I get the same results by number of instances of players on the game scene. But they all have the same filled panels.

So I want only that user sees his player and the player of the opponent with correctly filling panels. ))

There is my code...

public class GameController : MonoBehaviourPunCallbacks

{

private PhotonView myPhotonView;

private GameObject player;

[SerializeField] GameObject playerPref;

private EquipmentSlot[] equipmentSlots;

private GameDataManager gdm = new GameDataManager(); //load data from PlayerPrefs

[SerializeField] InventoryItemDatabase inventory;

void Start()

{

myPhotonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();

// if (myPhotonView.IsMine) {

player = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate(playerPref.name, Vector3.zero, 0);

initializeComponents(); // first way

// }

}

public void initializeComponents()

{

fillPlayer = player.GetComponent<FillPlayer>();

equipmentSlots = fillPlayer.GetEquipmentSlots();

fillEquip();

}

public void fillEquip()

{

List<int> listOfEuipment = gdm.LoadEquipPanelEquip();

foreach (int index in listOfEuipment)

{

InventoryItem item = inventory.getInventoryItem(index);

AddEquipPanelItem(item,);

}

}

public bool AddEquipPanelItem(InventoryItem item)

{

for (int i = 0; i < equipmentSlots.Length; i++)

{

if (equipmentSlots[i].EquipmentType == item.equipmentType)

{

equipmentSlots[i].Item = item;

return true;

}

}

return false;

}

}

Thanks everyone for the help ;)

Answers

• Alejandrazo
    edited August 2022

Hey , hi again Starik

If i understood well, ¿your second option spawn all of your player slots in all the cameras of all players ? This is because are instantiate with photon i supose, try to Script everything that should dissapear, with that

If(!photonView.isMine)
    {
    Destroy(gameObject);
    }

• Starik
    Starik
    edited July 2022

Thanks for help, but it doesn't work ))) - on the scene is staying only one instance (player).

Maybe I'm not correctly explaining))

Now I have 2 instances (players) on the scene, if I'm not using condition. But data (equipment) is the same.

Attaching screenshot.

I think, that i need to do with data for these panels. Like PhotonNetwork.RaiseEvent.

Because it is not a simple image or color - with these properties all is good and works. But with like custom components, I think there needs to be a special solution ))))

• If you only want be able to see second player equipment while you are player one continue reading:

The player 1

PhotonNetwork.Instantiate(slot1Equipment,slot1position,Quaternion.identity);

The player 2

PhotonNetwork.Instantiate(slot1Equipment,slot5position,Quaternion.identity);

/*slot1Equipment== the item you want for fill an slot(needs photonview for show to other players)*/

/*Slot1position==The position of slot 1 wich (Slot 1needs photonview)*/

/*Slot5position==The position of "slot1 of second player"(Slot 5 needs photonview)*/

This is an example, N° of slots maybe no correct for you, i hope it works if i understood problem i hope you understand me too.

• Starik
    Starik
    edited August 2022

So it does not work for some reasons... )) For example, if I change my prefab to the easy 2d object and change color in this object - all is good.

void Start()
      {
          myPhotonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();
          player = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate(playerPref.name, Vector3.zero, 0);
          player.GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().color = Color.blue;
    } 

After this code I will get 2 objects on the scene and only "my" will have a blue color.

Unfortunately, it is not working in my case with fill players panels.

• Alejandrazo
    edited August 2022

i think you should give a number to all slots of equipment, for example:

------------------------------------------

if(photoView.isMasterClient)
    {
    fillslot1;
    fillslot2;
    fillslot3;
    }
    else
    {
    fillslot4;
    fillslot5;
    fillslot6;
    }

-------------------------------------------

in 2 players game, should not be there any problem with that i think, the equipment needs photonview too!

this easy way maybe not the best, but its a good idea i think, you need to do two groups of slots, player 1 slots and player 2 slots by any way.

• Unsolicited tip:

When you select any text block in a post, there is a "paragraph" icon on the left (outside the input box). Click it, then the "quotation marks" icon (tooltip "Toggle Special Formats Menu") and you can turn any part into a code block.

Sorry for the convoluted way to make this happen.