About Dedicated Server Integration

[Deleted User]
edited December 2021 in Fusion

We are planning to develop a multiplayer game which would need some sort of networking framework. Currently we are evaluating the possible options including Photon and for the technical requirements of the project we are going to need dedicated server system(s) instead of host-client/relay type of systems.

In the doc it says Fusion has built-in support for the dedicated server method but doesn't describe how. And when I mean how I am not talking about the complex technicality. I simply wonder if we need dedicated servers other than Photon Cloud to upload our headless server builds when we are using Photon Fusion or do we have some option or area to upload these headless builds into the Photon Cloud/Dashboard?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi,

I simply wonder if we need dedicated servers other than Photon Cloud to upload our headless server builds when we are using Photon Fusion or do we have some option or area to upload these headless builds into the Photon Cloud/Dashboard?

Photon Cloud is a middleware service that will facilitate communication between your peers, it is not a hosting service. For this, you will need to use services like PlayFab, Multiplay, Gameye, among others.

While using any of the Photon products, it's mandatory a connection with our Photon Cloud, but the hosting is handled by one of these services.

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team