Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi @acuitycraig,
    Is this correct?
    Each scene has a voice object in it at start
    One Voice object (in initial scene) with DontDestroyOnLoad is what is supported out-of-the-box, like the demo.
    "locally speaker not linked, asking anyway"
    this could mean the recording never started from the other end. What do you get as "response"/"reason"/"reply"?

Try:

1- explicitly calling photonVoiceView.Init() after that debug log line ("locally speaker not linked, asking anyway") I will probably add this myself
    2- try forcing recording via DebugVoiceScript.ForceRecordingAndTransmission = true.
    3- try transmitting VoiceClip via DebugVoiceScript.TestUsingAudioClip = true (assign an AudioClip file to the script first)
  • acuitycraig
    Options
    I wasn't getting replies but now I am. It appears because he was on the west coast he was connecting to a different server. I've set the fixed region to the US east server and it now works correctly. Thank you so much!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @acuitycraig,

This is weird.
    I wasn't getting replies
    he was on the west coast he was connecting to a different server
    How did you instantiate the networked object or call CantHearYou then if you were not on the same room/server?
    Maybe you were calling it on your own local client's object instead of the remote client's object?

Also if PUN clients are in the same room but Voice clients are not, this means you don't use PhotonVoiceNetwork.AutoConnectAndJoin and connect Voice client manually? as otherwise PUN and Voice clients connect to the same region.

So it's a bit confusing and maybe you were receiving replies and did not notice them.
    Or you are using Photon Voice with PUN integration in a special way.
  • acuitycraig
    Options
    I followed the tutorials and demos pretty close so if I am using it in a special way I am not intending to LOL. I do have AutoConnectAndJoin set. I don't do any special code to connect voice.

I instantiate the remote avatars when a player joins the room. I join the headsets and the editor to a room and when the client that is not working connected i selected his avatar (with the voiceview and debug script on it and right clicked and selected "Cant hear you". That is how I got the reply.
  • IHVD
    Options

Dear @JohnTube, I am trying my best to get my Quest 2 Microphone to pick up my Microphone, but for the life of me can't figure it out why it does not want to work.

I have read multiple forum posts, my recorder settings are all true, my logs mention that "Speaker Linked with Remote Voice", and I can hear my voice from the UnityEditor on the Quest 2, but the Quest2 (even with Debug Echo), is not picking up the Microphone sound.

Any ideas? I'm going crazy over here.

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @IHVD,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

It could be a permissions issue.

If you grant those then maybe it will work the second time you launch the app after installing it. Maybe permission is granted after microphone attempt to start recording. There is a UtilityScript MicrophonePermission that should be attached to the same GameObject as the Recorder. Or simply delay starting of recording in Recorder by disabling AutoStart or force auto RestartRecording(true) after permission is granted.

It could also be an issue with the microphone itself. Not sure which version you are running please update to latest. Recorder.UseMicrophoneTypeFallback should be there and true by default. Otherwise switch MicrophoneType and retry.

Also make sure you read this.

• IHVD
    Options

Hi @JohnTube, thanks for the incredibly quick reply.

According to the logs, the permission is granted, I have indeed added the MicrophonePermission script to the recorder object.

it is not until a new scene is loaded that the speakers are added and that voice transmission should actually begin.

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So does it work now?