How to make a Dedicated server and which Photon product to use ?

Options
Hey

I want to make a game where the players just join in. For example 30 or 50 players per game.
The game goes on for about 3-5 minutes then new game starts. It is not necessary that the same players are added to the next game.
I think for this a Dedicated Server is required which is constantly running. Please correct me if I'm wrong im new to Networking.
If so how to go forth doing this ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi @IronBoundManzer,

this can be basically done with any Photon product. The difficulty is, to optimize the game (especially the networking logic) so that it can handle all connected clients. So you would have to optimize network messages and have to think about which data you have to send how often. The server however is optimized, to probably handle this amount of players with ease, the bottleneck here might be the clients, especially those with not so powerful hardware.

Speaking of the server, you don't have to host the server on your own unless you want to. The behaviour you have described above would also work flawlessly when running the game in the Photon Cloud.