Correct Client SDK for Photon Server, Unity 3D targeting Windows Store Universal 10

Options
Anyone got this working? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Im getting a bunch of reference rewrite errors when I use the Photon3Unity3D library.

documentation states:

Currently supported export platforms are:
Standalone (Windows, OSx and Linux)
Web (Windows and MacOS)
WebGL
iOS (Unity 4 needs iOS Pro Unity license)
Android (Unity 4 needs Android Pro Unity license)
Windows Store 8.1 and 10 (including Phone and UWP with one library)

Comments

• vinnie@vivace.co.nz
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have tried targeting the WSA version of Photon3Unity3D.dll when building the Windows Store project (using the select platforms for plugin dialogue), and i get a UnityException:

Failed to run reference rewriter.... Error type 'ExitGames.Client.Photon.IPhotonPeerListener' doesn't exist in target framework.

if I instead target the default plugin i get 153 similiar errors.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi @vinnie@vivace.co.nz,

Thank you for choosing Photon!
    What Unity version are you using?
    What PUN version are you using?
    Did you try importing PUN in a clean new empty Unity project?
  • Hi John. Using the latest Photon Server and Photon Unity3D SDKS. Yes I started with a clean project, but think I may have accidently been deploying the non WSA Photon3Unity3D.dll to the hololens. Heading into the office now to try again, will update with more details later today. Thanks for the quick response.
  • ok so resolved this in 2 steps.

Step 1. Ensure you have 2 versions of Photon3Unity3D.dll plugin in Unity. Set the standard ones import settings to target the editor, and the WSA version (in plugins/wsa folder of Unity3D SDK download) to target WSAPlayer.

Step 2. Ensure you have requested the correct Capabilites in Package.appmanifest file (generated when you build for Windows Store in Unity):

- Internet(Client & Server)
    - Internet(Client)
    - Private Networks(Client & Server)

Note that you can set those Capabilities in the Unity IDE under PlayerSettings > Publishing Settings, however in my case those settings were ignored and I had to edit the manifest file manually.

Finally, double check your Hololens IP address is in the same range as the public IP of your PhotonServer.