PUN and Photon Server compatible?

Options
Hello,

when deciding on which client API SDK I will build upon in conjunction with the photon server SDK Load Balancer module (in order to support 100% authoritative control) within a unity game - I can see there are 2 basic options. One is the standard Photon Unity 3D SDK (LoadBalancer API) as well as the PUN from the asset store.

However this is not clear to me - does this mean that you could also use PUN to connect to your own server instead of the cloud (as seen in configuration)? If so, how does the licensing work (do you have to license both then for the amount of CCUs?) - and are all features available in the custom server to support PUN?

If yes, my basic question would be - is it smart to use PUN together with Photon Server SDK and extend it or should you better build upon the given Photon Unity3D Client SDK Load Balancer API to handle your custom logic?

Thanks for your time,
Oliver

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, ody

PUN is compatible with Photon Server SDK, you may use either cloud or self hosted solution
    you also may modify Photon Server SDK. this all are doable.

i can not answer precisely about licensing. you may send request to developer_at_photonengine.com
    best,
    ilya