Errors getting a cloud game running on the server

Options
Hello,

I'm currently trying to get our game that runs on the cloud servers to run off a local server for an upcoming convention where there will be no internet access.

When I run the loadbalance test client it returns errors: "JoinGame failed: ReturnCode: 32758 (Game does not exists)", the loadbalancing application is running and the memory usage is increasing so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Running the game returns errors of being unable to connect.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    what version of sdk are you using?
  • Harvey
    Options
    The latest server SDK available, v4.0.29.11263
  • chvetsov
    Options
    LoadBalancing client creates many games and clients. during this process, some clientes fail to connect. probable because they are connected to fast. but if you will start and close your loadbalancing client, all clients will succeed to connnect. this is just solution for this problem. we will fix of course this.

>Running the game returns errors of being unable to connect.
    this is a diffrent story. what error code do you get? firewall settings are ok? are you sure that server address is correct? please check logs on server in 'deploy/log' folder and in 'deploy/bin_Win64/log' folder?
    what do they contain?
  • Harvey
    Harvey
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oops, Completely blanked on including the error message (chalk that up to not enough coffee on a busy day)
    The error from unity is:
    Operation 227 failed in a server-side plugin. Check the configuration in the Dashboard. Message from server-plugin: Failed to create game on http://photon-photon-pluginsdk-v1.webscript.io/GameCreate? : 'Unable to connect to the remote server'

This is received on attempting to create the room, connecting to the server itself is fine. I get this when I've disconnected from the internet (as I would be at a convention, internet prices are ridiculous) and photon is clearly trying to connect to a web address, is there a way to have the server run completely over lan without internet?
  • chvetsov
    chvetsov mod
    edited March 2016
    Options
    then it is a problem with config on your side. https://doc.photonengine.com/en/onpremise/current/plugins/manual#config.
    you will find there how to configure plugins for Photon Server. you may either disable plugins or setup suitable values
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Harvey,

You can find details on how to disable webhooks here.

You still need internet connection on the machine running Photon Server to verify license(s).
  • Harvey
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the replys.
    We've kind of settled on having 2 smaller offline games running rather than one big one for now, how reliable does the connection have to be to function if I disable the webhooks? We would likely have a mobile connection in a crowded hall where getting even a text through is next to impossible once people enter.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Webhooks have nothing to do with reliability of messages. You just need to send messages as reliable in Photon clients.
    You can read more about wehbooks here.

I don't get the other parts of your message:

We've kind of settled on having 2 smaller offline games running rather than one big one for now...

We would likely have a mobile connection in a crowded hall where getting even a text through is next to impossible once people enter.