Problem connecting to self hosted photon server

Options
mujpir
mujpir
edited June 2015 in Photon Server
Hi.
I have a big problem connecting to my self hosted photon server . Photon server hosted in a VPS windows server 2008 r2 . When I try to connect to my server from unity , I get this error :

TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: "MyServerPublicIpAddress". Check if the server is available.

(PhotonNetwork.connectionStateDetailed value is 'ConnectingToMasterServer' until i get above error)

What I have done so far :

In Server :
- Photon server v3 is running in my server . Loadbalancing(MyCloud) is running , also RunTestClient works properly.
- GameServerIP set to my PublicIPAaddress.
- Firewall is off
-There is not physical router available for me because my server is running on VPS.( I Also call technical team which I bought my VPS from them but they answer me that you should use some software to configure port forwarding and there is no router available for you , So I don't know if I still need configure port forwarding or not ).
- I used command "netstat -an" and the result was something like this :
Proto               Local Address                              Foreign Address                        State
UDP                MyPublicIPAddress:5055               *.*
UDP                MyPublicIPAddress:5056               *.*
UDP                MyPublicIPAddress:5057               *.*

In Client :
-Firewall is off
-PhotonNetwrokSetting in unity is set to self hosted and IP is set to my server Public IP and port is set to 5055.

I actually test self hosting in my local network and clients in the same network can connect to server without any problem.

Please help me because I really don't know what else should I do?

Thanks for your answers.

Comments

• mujpir
    Options
    I have successfully tested photon server in my computer . First it didn't work and client couldn't connect to master server , Then I configured my router and port forward These ports :

port udp 5055 to my computer IP 192.168.1.2:5055
    port udp 5056 to my computer IP 192.168.1.2:5056

and it worked without any problem , I actually test clients connectivity via Internet not my local network . what I want to say is That I know how to configure port forwarding but in Virtual Private Server(VPS) that I bought , There is no access to router , And when I called Host Company they told me that ports in VPS only blocked by Firewall software and nothing else so I turned VPS firewall off ( that is a Windows Firewall ) but still can't connect to photon.Is there anybody here know the problem .

any answer would greatly appreciated.
  • mujpir
    Options
    Interesting! When I changed PhotonNetwrokSetting protocol to TCP and port 4530 inside unity it worked but why UDP 5055 doesn't work? Firewall is off both on server and client.So no port is blocked . What do you think?
  • I have the same error; however, I tried changing from UDP to TCP but the connection still failed.
  • Jilnesta
    Options
    mujpir said:

Interesting! When I changed PhotonNetwrokSetting protocol to TCP and port 4530 inside unity it worked but why UDP 5055 doesn't work? Firewall is off both on server and client.So no port is blocked . What do you think?

I also same problem . I used Photon server sdk v4. And I can't connect by UDP port 5055, If use command netstat -a . I don't see port 5055 with status Listening. Everybody can help me?

My stucture is using & config:
    - vps 1 host: Photon master server
    - vps 2: I host Photon game server
  • chvetsov
    Options
    @Jilnesta

please send request to developer@photonengine.com

please attach your photon server config and LoadBanalcing.dll.config from Game Server

best,
    ilya