Photon tools dont like Unity Serializer 2.0 import problem

Options
Hi,
As the title says...after importing Unity Serializer 2.0 into a project where Photon already is imported , warnings about "room" are thrown
Maybe you can contact the maker of that Json lib because i am sure he will listen to you more than to me.
OR do i do something wrong?

look: "Room" is defined in the Photon tools and in his tool
http://whydoidoit.com/unity-serializer- ... -features/
see the highlighted line on the attached screenshot, for a fix, tip or solution thanks in advance

btw:Photon is installed via the Playmaker Photon Tools but it should be the same (PUN) it is the newest also is the Unity Serializer 2.0
look attached screenshot

Bitte... ich kann grad nix mit Photon machen weil ich brauche Unity Serializer 2.0 unbedingt für dieses Projekt, und irgentwas an den Namespaces rumhacken will ich nicht, wäre auch keine ordentliche Dauerlösung zu dem sehr fischig weil "Networkingpeer" auch noch eine internal class ist.

Grüsse Karsten aus Stuttgart

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Hm. A classic clash of names.
    When we started PUN, we thought that very few Unity developers know how to use Namespaces, so we dropped them for PUN. Obviously, the Unity Serializer 2.0 developers had the same expectation.

I fear you have to modify the code of either plugin. It should be relatively easy to modify ours, as you got the code. I would try to wrap PUN's room into a namespace and then fix all broken scripts that use it. I don't know how much that will be though.
    If you got the code of the other plugin, maybe it's not as deeply weaved into Playmaker. It makes sense to check if a namespace for their Room breaks less stuff.

I could contact the Unity Serializer guys but I doubt that they will change their stuff either. The change means that a lot of stuff breaks.

Read:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/M ... paces.html

I'm sorry I can't help much more right away. I will check out if we can add a Namespace in a way that could optionally be turned off or something (with pre-compiler defines).