PUN Build Error: An assembly with the same name `Photon3Unity3D' has already been imported

Options
Does anyone know what might be causing this error when building my project in unity 5.6.0f3? I have upgraded to the most recent version of the PUN Classic asset. In the plugins folder there is a Photon3Unity3D.dll and another dll with the same name in a Metro Folder and another in a WP8 folder. If I delete the dll within one of these folders the project then builds fine however a few moments later unity re-imports the dll resulting in the same error. Below is the error message displayed:

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Photon3Unity3D' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/Plugins/Photon3Unity3D.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/Plugins/WP8/Photon3Unity3D.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Tambilin,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

It looks like you updated PUN from an old version.
    "Assets/Plugins/WP8/Photon3Unity3D.dll" should no longer exist in the recent versions.
    So either delete that single file or clean up all PUN files and import again.
  • Hi @Tambilin,

those are libraries used for different platforms. We have pre-configured them to work with Unity 5 and up to only get used on the correct target platform. Since you still have the WP8 folder in there, you might had a very old version of PUN in the project once (which is fine). However the WP8 folder has been removed some time ago.

To fix this, I guess it should be enough, to simply delete the WP8 folder from the Plugins folder. If this however doesn't work, I'm asking you to remove the entire Plugins and re-import it again. If this does not fix the problem, too, please let me know.
  • Tambilin
    Options
    Thanks! Deleting the whole plugins folder and then importing it via the asset store, then performing a complete reimport via Assets->Reimport All, seems to have fixed the issue! I have spent weeks trying to figure this one out