Photon does not delete empty rooms

Options
I'm developing a game using Photon as Playfab add-on. When the development was coming to an end I was very disappointed with such an unpleasant moment: at some point the rooms in which there are no more players have ceased to be removed from the list. The screenshot shows the contents of the list of rooms that I get in the OnReceivedRoomListUpdate () method. These ten empty rooms have been
coming for a week. How can I fix this?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Max,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I'm a bit confused.
    Could you help me by answering these questions:

1. Did you stop using Photon? If so why exactly?
    2. Did you stop using the Photon - PlayFab integration? if so why exactly?
    3. Did you stop using Photon for an old project and you are now starting a new one with Photon?
    4. Are you asking this question just for your own curiosity and to help others in the future or you are still working on this and want to fix it?

For the rooms that you think Photon is keeping for weeks could you send this via email to developer@photonengine.com along with:

- your Photon Realtime AppId.
    - your PlayFab TitleId.
    - the lobby type and name where you create those rooms.
    - EmptyRoomTTL and PlayerTTL you use when creating those rooms.
    - link to this discussion.

Suggested subject of email: "Empty rooms not deleted"
  • Max
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube,
    Thanks for the quick response. No, I continue to develop this game with Playfab, Photon and seek a solution to the above problem. I will send you now all credentials that you specified. But I do not quite understand what is EmptyRoomTTL and PlayerTTL?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You can find these in RoomOptions class you pass to CreateRoom or JoinOrCreateRoom methods calls.
    If you do not modify default values just say so.
  • Max
    Options
    Done, I sent my letter
  • JPGOrdon
    Options
    Is there any update on how I can remove empty rooms?

I am not using PlayFab, I am using custom photon server. It does not make sense for my backend to keep empty rooms open. I looked in room properties and could not find anything helpful.
  • JPGOrdon
    Options
    To be clear: photon rooms are removed automatically. There is a RoomProperty named EmptyRoomTtl that determines the minimum amount of time that an empty room should take until it is deleted.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @JPGOrdon,

Sorry for the delay.
    To be clear, do you still have an issue with this or you figured it out?
    I mean do empty rooms still remain after EmptyRoomTTL?
    If yes, what server version do you use?