Help with Photon synchronization

Options
Hi everybody !

I'm doing my own system of synchronization for Photonview, player and other to limitate the numbers of message send by second and i need some advice.

My game is a little MMO where the goal is to kill some monster . but these monster have to move when they not targeting player. And i don't want to add the transform to the observed component .

So at this time, i use RPC , send by the master client, wich send the new position of monsters to other player every second ( i have no problem when the monster is following/targeting other player cause it's a other system that i use in this case)

SO, i know that is not really recommended to use masterClient to do all this stuff, so i would like to know if there is a other way to do that , more optimized..Or if someone have a other idea to do that ?

i wish you a good day , and thanks if some helper are there :D!

Comments

• Hi @redskry,

maybe a look at the Culling Demo will help you. In this tutorial the world is divided into multiple cells whereat each cell represents one network group. Clients register to the group of the cell they are currently inside and to some other cells they are currently nearby in order to receive frequently updates. They will receive less updates from cells that are currently far away from their position.
  • redskry
    Options
    Oh thanks, i will learn about that !
    Do you have any link about network group?

Thanks for your help! have a good day !
  • You can find an overview about Interest Groups here.