Server list with ping and list of servers on all the regions

So... can you help me to create a ping that a user can visualize to choose the right server? Beacuse I also need your help to create a list of servers of all the regions to choose the server you want (bith best ping). Thank you guys <3

Comments

• JohnTubeJohnTube mod
    edited June 16
    Hi @Tommaso,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

It is not clear what you mean by server as you can't have all these info on a single list/screen:
    I think it should be 3:

1- Master Server or Photon Cloud region that you can connect to: Please take at the "App and Lobby Stats" docs page for the players count and you can use PhotonNetwork.networkingPeer.AvailableRegions list for the ping.
    2- List of lobbies you can join: lobbies listing is not possible.
    3- List of rooms per lobby: you can have this when you are joined to a lobby. More info here. "Server Name" = Room Name (or GameId), "Space" or "map name" should be a lobby property. See RoomInfo class for. It's very tricky and maybe useless to show ping here.

Also:
    PUN client can be:
    - connected to a single Master Server / Region at the same time
    - joined to a single lobby at the same time
    - joined to a single room at the same time
    - either on Name Server (for auth) or Master Server or on Game Server (joined to a room)
    - either joined or not to a lobby on Master Server

see picture here.
  • > @JohnTube said:
    > Hi @Tommaso,
    >
    > Thank you for choosing Photon!
    >
    > It is not clear what you mean by server as you can't have all these info on a single list/screen:
    > I think it should be 3:
    >
    > 1- Master Server or Photon Cloud region that you can connect to: Please take at the "App and Lobby Stats" docs page for the players count and you can use PhotonNetwork.networkingPeer.AvailableRegions list for the ping.
    > 2- List of lobbies you can join: lobbies listing is not possible.
    > 3- List of rooms per lobby: you can have this when you are joined to a lobby. More info here. "Server Name" = Room Name (or GameId), "Space" or "map name" should be a lobby property. See RoomInfo class for. It's very tricky and maybe useless to show ping here.
    >
    > Also:
    > PUN client can be:
    > - connected to a single Master Server / Region at the same time
    > - joined to a single lobby at the same time
    > - joined to a single room at the same time
    > - either on Name Server (for auth) or Master Server or on Game Server (joined to a room)
    > - either joined or not to a lobby on Master Server
    >
    > see picture here.

Thank you! The image I use is the current server list of my game, I only need to know how to add also the ping of a current match if you want to join in.
  • JohnTubeJohnTube mod
    edited June 19
    So you confirm it's option 3: you are listing rooms (not servers) in default lobby of a single region.
    You can't have the ping as it does not make sense.
    When you list those rooms you are on Master Server of a single region.
    Each one of the listed rooms could be a on a separate Game Server of that region.
    You can't tell which Game Server unless you try to join it.
    Also for a same region Master Server and Game Server(s) should have approximately same ping as "they are physically and logically located in the same place".
  • Okay thank you