MMO Demo update for 2.2 SDK?

EarthLaunch
edited October 2010 in Photon Server
Hello and thanks for the update. I'm using Photon as an (unreleased) MMO server and would like to see an updated MMO Demo with fixes for some of the issues the old ones has, and any updates for SDK 2.2. Is this something that might happen?

Comments

• Hi, please look here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165
    Hope that helps.
  • Hello,

I wanted to update my project based on MmoDemo (I was using the latest version 2.0.5.1) and I copied the PhotonUnity3D.dll file (from the libs folder) over the old one in my Unity 3 project but this caused a crash of mono.exe and a following internal compiler error in my Unity editor:
    Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:

Are you familiar with this or is it caused by my project?
  • Have you tried to compile your scripts with visual studio before you run them with unity?
  • Boris wrote:
    Hi, please look here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165
    Hope that helps.

Thank you Boris. I should have checked there first. Thanks for your other posts on here too, they've been very helpful to me.
  • Thanks, glad to hear that.
  • Boris wrote:
    Have you tried to compile your scripts with visual studio before you run them with unity?
    Et voila, now it runs perfectly. I should have checked everything thoroughly before reporting anything ;)
  • loock_ wrote:
    I wanted to update my project based on MmoDemo (I was using the latest version 2.0.5.1) and I copied the PhotonUnity3D.dll file

Very interesting way of updating the server to the newest version...
    Is that generally how you guys do it? get the newest release and copy over the libraries and hope that you will have minimum problems to fix?
    Would that work on server and client?