SDK for AIR

whgandalf
edited December 2011 in Flash (deprecated)
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knows where can I find a SDK version for an Adobe AIR version application.

I have already made a version for the website, but when I try to compile it for AIR, I get some security errors, those are because some native class methods are not supported for AIR.

Would be great if anybody knows a solution, thanks. :D

Comments

• So far, we did not test our libraries for AIR. It shouldn't be much effort but the interest so far was not there.
    If you like, please mail us about your project and your requirements. We might look into it after all.
  • Good day
    We need do a Widget application that runs in the desktop. and this should be stay conneted with the Photon Server anytime and each Notification the user should seen a box with the Notification in the Desktop but,we have the same issue. But investigation in the help documents of Adobe, which says this is due to the Sandbox of AIR, is, that all AIR applications have a layer of security but that does not allow for Security.AllowDomain to avoid unsafe content.
    Here is the link.
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.5/devappsflex/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7e5a.html

here said that a bridge between Sandboxes can access that content,i tried it, but bad news, one of the methods is not allowed is Security.AllowDomain. and this method is used in the Photon SDK.
    Here is the link.
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.5/devappsflex/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7e5c.html

Should you help me with this issue, please ?
    Anything help to take a advance?
    I would be grateful for any help. :)
    PD: Sorry for my grammar. :oops:
    Cordially
    John Alexander Torres Baron.
  • Tobias wrote:
    So far, we did not test our libraries for AIR. It shouldn't be much effort but the interest so far was not there.
    If you like, please mail us about your project and your requirements. We might look into it after all.

Hello Tobias,

We have used Photon for developing an existing app for iOS (already released on iTunes App store). We are now considering development of the same app using Adobe AIR for Android and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.

We have hit the Security sandbox violation issue mentioned here and would like to find a quick resolution of this issue. Please let us know if you could help us with this issue or if you could put us in touch with the right support who can help us with this.

Would have preferred to post this in an email but unable to locate any email I'd for support!
  • We're working on the Flash SDKs and will add Cloud (Loadbalancing) support.
    We will take a look and update you.
  • Tobias wrote:
    We're working on the Flash SDKs and will add Cloud (Loadbalancing) support.
    We will take a look and update you.

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for the quick reply. It would be most helpful to know by when will the cloud support you mention be available publicly?

Thanks again for the quick response. We are waiting eagerly to use Photon for several AIR based apps in the near future.
  • We accomplished AIR compatibility now. I hope you can work with Flash and assume that AIR will work alike, until we update the SDK.
    I usually guess wrong when I provide release dates for SDKs. Early next year seems to be a good guess though.