Photon View Weird?

I have 2 different projects with the same network scripts on. But for some reason when a client joins
a game in project 2 they are very glitchy and can't move. Now i found out the problem is PhotonView.

In project 1 the PhotonView displayed in the inspector is:
Owner:
View ID:
Observe:
Observe Option:

And everything works fine. But in project 2 the PhotonView is displayed like this:
Owner:
View ID:
Observe:
Observe Option:
Serialization:

And it doesn't work. Why doesn't project 1 have the extra "Serialization" option?. And how to get rid of it in
project 2 so it is exactly the same.

EDIT: I removed photonview from project 1 and assigned it again and now it has the option "Serialization" and doesn't
work, just like project 2 :? Please help!.

Comments

• In the first project, you propably got a script attached to the observe attribute. Then serialization is not needed any more, because PhotonView expect the script to handle serialization. Just take the script that is responsible for serialization and drop it at the right side of the observe attribute.
  • Azaldur wrote:
    Just take the script that is responsible for serialization and drop it at the right side of the observe attribute.

I really appreciate you trying to help me. But i don't understand what you mean by that.

I'm looking at a tutorial project right now and the prefab has this before i do anything:
    2ng9yc1.png

But then i try and remove the component (PhotonView) and replace it with a new one, and
    drag the same prefab onto it and it looks like this:
    2mi2iye.png

And then it doesn't work anymore.
    I don't understand what im doing wrong :(
  • In the first screenshot there is not the whole component(PlayerPrefab) respectively the transform of it observed(as it is in the second screenshot) but only a script that is attached to the component Player Prefab with the name NetworkRigidbody.... (.cs propably). So just drag this script of the playerPrefab and drop it in the observe attribute instead of dropping the whole PlayerPrefab component in it. The NetworkRigidbody.. script is then responsible for serialization.
  • Thank you Azaldur, it worked! :)