Difference between Photon server and photon cloud

Hi Friends, I am new in networking gaming i don't have any knowledge in networking games. I am trying to understand that what is the main difference between Photon server and Photon cloud..
Which is the batter and why....here please help

Comments

• Photon Server is hosted and maintained by you. You can modify the server application code as you see need for it.
    Photon Cloud is hosted by ExitGames. Its a more sophisticated version of the LoadBalancing instance basically and you can not run any custom server side code
  • dreamora wrote:
    Photon Server is hosted and maintained by you. You can modify the server application code as you see need for it.
    Photon Cloud is hosted by ExitGames. Its a more sophisticated version of the LoadBalancing instance basically and you can not run any custom server side code

It only relays data between the clients with no regards for game logic, correct?
  • Thanks Everyone, How can i quickly learn Photon server programming.....
    if have u some video tutorial links please give...
  • AtomR wrote:
    dreamora wrote:
    Photon Server is hosted and maintained by you. You can modify the server application code as you see need for it.

It only relays data between the clients with no regards for game logic, correct?

Yes and no.
    Photon Cloud itself will only relay the data but you can host dedicated clients (master clients in Photon Unity Networking) on an own backend that host custom game logic to prevent users from running it, making them the same kind of dedicated game server as you might know it from FPS
  • RVS wrote:
    Thanks Everyone, How can i quickly learn Photon server programming.....
    if have u some video tutorial links please give...

There are no video tutorials and for networking they normally make no sense either.
    But PUN is actually using more or less the same syntax as Unity networking (hence its name) so you can use what you find here as well as what you find for Unity Networking.
    The only relevant deltas are that 'setscope' does nothing in PUN while PUN RPC and OnSerializePhotonView on the other hand support many more datatypes than unity networking
  • Many Thanks Mr. dreamora