All about the MMO Photon Demo

Options
I took another look at the MMO demo, tried to get it running with a local photon server. Obviously I have a lot of questions and from searching, a lot of my questions haven't been asked yet.

1. Is there a way to see debug log data of the MMO application using BareTail? If I remember correctly, I thought there was a place in a config to enable that. Specifically in the PhotonServer.config for each application.

2. How do I see other "cylinder" players that are connected?
I see "Connected" in the console when I run the MMO App, I'm assuming all is ok, then when I end the Photon Instance, I get all kind of errors, so that's great as it tells me it's really connecting to the local photon server. However when I tried running multiple apps, I couldn't see anyone or any models.

So I:
- Click on the First Person Controller Prefab
- Went to Graphics
- Enabled the Mesh Renderer Component

Now I'm a white cylinder -- that's ok.

How do I see other cylinders that are connected? See them moving around etc... I thought that was already apart of the MMO Demo.

3. I'm going to try to keep my focus solely on the MMO Demo. The consensus i'm seeing here is that it's very complicated, yeah well that's fine. It would help if there was a dedicated area where people can get information solely on using the MMO demo as a platform for their projects. A dedicated forum category would help.

Thanks,

Comments

• Taurian
    Options
    Taurian wrote:
    1. Is there a way to see debug log data of the MMO application using BareTail? If I remember correctly, I thought there was a place in a config to enable that. Specifically in the PhotonServer.config for each application.

Finally figured this out, edited the log4net.config in the mmoDemo/Bin folder.

Replaced the Root node with:
    <root>
        <level value="DEBUG" />
        <appender-ref ref="ConsoleAppender" />
        <appender-ref ref="LogFileAppender" />
        <appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender" />
      </root>

Taurian wrote:
    2. How do I see other "cylinder" players that are connected?
    I see "Connected" in the console when I run the MMO App, I'm assuming all is ok, then when I end the Photon Instance, I get all kind of errors, so that's great as it tells me it's really connecting to the local photon server. However when I tried running multiple apps, I couldn't see anyone or any models.

Have no idea how I got this semi of working, but now I can see other players, but only as long "Rectangles". I'll keep at this.
  • Tobias
    Options
    The Island Demo is probably quite outdated but should work.
    The DotNet "Forms" demo is only showing rectangles. It's a visualization of the view-areas around a player.