illegal appID usage

Hello!

Lets imagine someone gets hold of my appid and starts using it to host his own game.

How would I know that it is stolen?

thanks,
Slav

Comments

• The answer would be: if you don't let endusers host games you would not it immediately due to the ip thats not one of yours.
    Otherwise: you wouldn't
  • He can use it without any problem as soon as "game version" parameter is different from mine.
    The answer would be: if you don't let endusers host games you would not it immediately due to the ip thats not one of yours.
    Otherwise: you wouldn't
    I don't understand this part of your reply, sorry.

I think I need to clarify that I'm speaking about Photon Cloud.
  • Right me too.

If you create your game with dedicated master clients that you host yourself, then yes you can detect it (using the cloud does not mean that you don't host the game servers, means only that you don't host the 'message relay service' > Photon) because it would show up as game server thats not using your IP.

But if you allow users to host games ie allow them to create rooms for others to join then no, there is barely a method to detect it as all IPs will be 'unknown' that create rooms
  • I suppose most of the Photon Cloud users don't host their own dedicated master clients.
  • that might be but most who host online games don't care about security in general as even titles from EA and Ubisoft show each year