Photon Control no "start as application"

Error trying to receive. Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

Comments

• shiftyz
    edited February 2015
    Is this unrelated ?
  • shiftyz wrote:

the photon control doesnt let me press start as application, i can only do start service, why is that?

You installed Photon as a service. If you wan't to run it as an application click on the "remove service" option.
    After removing the service the option start as application should be active again.
    (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1464&p=6826&hilit=start+as+application#p6826)
    shiftyz wrote:
    and is that the reason why in unity i get this error message :
    Error trying to receive. Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:125)
    NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:680)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.<>c__DisplayClass2:<EnqueueDebugReturn>b__0()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:79)

the ExitGames-Photon-Server-SDK_v3-0 folder is located on my desktop but my game is located inside a couple of folders...

i am running 64bit windows 7, i use the bin_Win64, and ive tried the bin_Win32 and no luck...

thanks

In your case probably because photon is not running (photon tray icon "grey" ... go with the mouse on the tray-icon it will say "photon stopped").

Or if it is running ... you haven't setup your firewall.
  • shiftyz
    edited February 2015
    thank you
  • Authentication failed: 'Unknown operation code 230' Code: -1

what is that?
  • shiftyz wrote:
    Authentication failed: 'Unknown operation code 230' Code: -1

what is that?

This means you started Photon "Instance1" - I forgot to mention you have to start "Loadbalancing" for the Unity Networking Plugin.
  • shiftyz
    edited February 2015
    50 5
  • shiftyz
    edited February 2015
    can we skype
  • The port is wrong - it should be 5055 (which I assume was default when you first started it).
  • shiftyz
    edited February 2015
    almost got it
  • TCP or UDP?
  • shiftyz wrote:
    i tried 5055, do you have a solution? or is this pretty rare

What error do you get?

If it is: "Authentication failed: 'Unknown operation code 230' Code: -1"

Photon is running - the communication is setup fine and port 5055 is open and working.
    But you started the wrong instance.
  • heres a picture of everything on my screen

and heres the link to the photo (im using 3 monitors so the picture is very big)

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1552/dsadasj.png
  • Photon is not started!.

Click on Loadbalancing start service.

It takes a bit to start up. You can check the startup process in the logs by clicking on "Open logs" - there should be a Photon-Loadbalancing...log check for "Service is running ...".
  • ive done that.. could you lead me through the process ..

i clicked start service.. and it literally did nothing...
    i checked the logs.
    redid the whole process again..allowed all ports...

is there any other form of contact?
  • I sent you a private message.
  • i fixed it the problem..

your documentation doesnt provide any of this detail and nothing you said worked

i used what i learnt in computer science and basically it was very simple ...
    very simple fix but should be documented because i redid the problem about 3 times and got a fix... and its very easy to get this issue again...

thanks for trying tho :)cya
  • And what was the problem?
  • Hi,

i had the same problem as you mentioned, so after i installed the service, photon starts to output errors, i uninstalled the service and i had another problem the start as application button disabled, i tried many times to fix it and changed the ports and ips but nothing happiness,

so here what you should do, install photon in other device and never install any service just start as application and every thing will work just fine,

if you fix this problem please share it coz i search the internet and i could not fined something that works with me, if not go with my advice and start learn it, photon is very powerful and ease to learn
  • this sounds like you have more than 1 photon installation on the system. The installed services are 'global' yet removing them only works on the one photon control version / instance that installed them.

if you have more than 1 then you can end in pretty ugly situations where stuff trashes stuff in a near untraceable way