Server Settings Help

Options
magnator
edited March 2012 in Photon Server
Hi all,
I am pretty sure that I have no firewall blocking or port forwarding issue. But I cannot connect to my (RC8) server outside of local. Even on the same LAN. I have read bunch of documents but it's not so clear how to configure the server. Obviously I need to change the default configurations.
Let's say my external IP is 85.153.19.14. Should I change my listeners IP address from IPAddress="0.0.0.0" to IPAddress="85.153.19.14"? Or may be I have to change it to my local IP which is 192.168.2.75.
What do you suggest? Can someone guide me please?

Thanks

Comments

• What connection string are you using when setting up your Peer? Can you telnet to the port on your server from your client machine? If you sniff the traffic on your server, do you see any activity over the ports you expected?
  • I am using Photon Unity Network extension so I only set the server address and port.
    I cannot telnet to the port on my server. It says "Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused".
  • Tobias
    Options
    Don't enter a IP in the server config. Photon will use all available interfaces then.
    In the same lan, Photon should be available with the local (lan) IP, unless your switch or firewall (or something else) prevents this.
    Connection refused sounds a bit like a firewall or network-switch thing.