Steam Authentication - Demo App

Options

Hey all,

I'm currently wondering, how a Steam Demo can be handled with PUN 2 and Steam Authentication configured.

My Steam Game and my Steam Demo have two different App Ids on Steam. Now I have setup the Steam Authentication for my Photon App.

Can I somehow have both using the same Subscription? How is the idea behind this? Do I really need two?

If I need two, how can I handle this in the source code? Because I have the same code base for both and via a toggle, I put the app into demo mode or not (plus remove/add scenes).

I appreciate any feedback 🙂

Have a nice weekend!

Best Answer

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

One Photon title (AppId) can only have a single Steam Authentication provider setup.

I guess the easiest way is to have two AppIds on Photon as well. Build one or the other as you build the full game or the demo (use the same workflow).

Answers

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

One Photon title (AppId) can only have a single Steam Authentication provider setup.

I guess the easiest way is to have two AppIds on Photon as well. Build one or the other as you build the full game or the demo (use the same workflow).

• Der_Knob
    Options

Hi Tobias,

thanks for the answer. Makes sense for Steam Auth.

I will give the Custom Auth a try (first need to check the docu). Maybe that is a solution for me... If not working, I will go for two AppIds.