Cant connect to self hosted photon server

Options
Keyvan
Keyvan
edited March 2023 in Photon Server

Hello,

I installed photon server on custom windows server, and I have client Pun client SDK in unity game,

Server version: SDK 4.0.28.2962

Pun client version: 2.40 Photon lib 4.1.6.11

But I can't connect to server and get this error:

Failed to connect to server after testing each known IP.

Steps I done:

Starting Photon in 5 Minutes | Photon Engine

The game connects successfully to photon servers but when I set the IP address of my server in server settings in Unity, game can't connect.

is there any version compatibility problem or any missing step that I need to do to connect?

Answers

• chvetsov
    Options

hi, @Keyvan

did you update GameServer.dll.config and PublicIpAddress for game server to your IP?

best,

ilya

• Keyvan
    Options

hi @chvetsov , Thank you for your respond.

where is the GameServer.dll.config file? (I searched in unity project and server sdk and did not find file with this name)

I wrote the server IP in server field in PhotonServerSettings.asset file in unity package.

and in server I run the load balancing and activate the set public ip address to .....

• chvetsov
    Options

hi, @Keyvan

ah, I'm sorry. wrong file name. It is called Photon.LoadBalancing.dll.config

it is in deploy/LoadBalancing/GameServer/bin/Photon.LoadBalancing.dll.config

best,

ilya

• Keyvan
    Options

hi @chvetsov

Yes, I changed public IP parameter in Photon.LoadBalancing.dll.config, is there any other change need to do except the public IP?

• chvetsov
    Options

hi, @Keyvan if you master is hosted on another machine than also you have to fix master server address.

in order to help more I need to know more -

on what stage client fails to connect?

logs from client, logs from server

best,

ilya