Whitelisting on firewall

Good day,

I'm setting up an app that will be used in schools systems, so, according to them, I need to provide ports (TCP/UDP) to be open and IP address and/or Domain names to be whitelisted.

So far, I gave then this port list:
https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/reference/tcp-and-udp-port-numbers

Now I need the IP address for the chat server and/or domain name, but I have no idea on how to get these.
I'm using only the chat function on the app. Didn't change the scripts that handle connection either.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Lintzmaia,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

You can get those from the Photon Chat product area/version of the documentation website.
    Here.
  • Thanks for replying so fast.

I meant to link the URL you sent me on my question (https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/chat/current/reference/tcp-and-udp-port-numbers).

So, by your answer, do you mean I don't need the Photon Cloud IP Address to be whitelisted on their PCs for the chat to work?
    I'm sorry I'm confusing things, it's just that I don't have experience with this stuff.
  • So, I just realized that my question was kinda confusing, so I will try to explain better:
    What happens is that most school systems usually have a filter for web addresses that teachers and students can access.
    My question is, to avoid Photon Cloud getting blocked by this filter, is there a web address or IP, that corresponds to Photon Cloud, that they can add to their filter whitelist?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Lintzmaia,

No, we cannot provide addresses for Photon servers.
    The only public ones we could share with you are our Photon nameservers and still, those are not enough.

Discuss with your school network administrator to open ports for Photon servers.
    That's how other customers did this.
  • Thanks, I will talk to them.
  • Recklesss
    Recklesss
    edited February 2023

Hey @JohnTube ,

Do we only need whitelist the port ?