Photon cloud Eu ot working

m3games
m3games
edited February 2023 in JavaScript and TypeScript

Hi we are running a game since few years now using photon cloud and especially Eu servers, we had to move to us servers because on eu we have an Game id issue.

We dont use any credential to our photon cloud game, and just change eu to us servers make it works again.

Do you have any idea about our when the EU servers will work because status is written as available on your website.

Best regards

Jo

Best Answer

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓

You should be able to host the game on any domain you want / need to.

The URL you can enter in the AppId setup is meant to provide context for us Photonians during support.

Answers

• hi, @m3games

We are updating our software to provide better protection for applications. We are unfortunately under pressure of constant attacks on different titles.

Moving to US is temporary solution. It will be updated soon too. I assume that you are using JS client. in order to get your game working again you have to update to latest version of JS client sdk.

If you are using different version please provide us more info we will find a way out

best,

ilya

• Hi yes, we are using construtc2 plugin (javascript: Photon-Javascript_SDK.min)

• @m3games I'll redirect you to corresponding section of forum where you can get help about upgrading.

• @vadim please help to upgrade version of JS lib

• Hi,

Do you use the latest v4.1.1.5?

• No, I just noticed there is an update made on January 18.

so I asked our developers to modify our construct plugin.

Our goal is to use photon as a battlenet for all our games, so basically you can play our games with different graphics but in real-time pvp each opponent only sees on his screen the graphics he wants.

So each game has its own domain and my concern is about your security, do I have to use the domain I specified on my photon dashboard for the app or I can use different domains to connect to my rooms like before?

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓

You should be able to host the game on any domain you want / need to.

The URL you can enter in the AppId setup is meant to provide context for us Photonians during support.