Photon server + pun or fusion

Hello, I have a questions.

I'm new in developing multiplay games and in photon too.

1.Can I rent a Photon server and use pun or fusion frameworks in unity to create my online game. (rooms, matchmaking, sync etc) Or I need to to use aside framework (mirror, fishnet etc) ?

2.I want to rent Photon server because, I want to set custom DB in the same server as the game server and plus social authorization etc.

3.Does server work under linux?, and do you manage all security word for server or I need to manage it by my self?

Thank you

Best Answer

• chvetsov
    chvetsov mod
    Answer ✓

hi, @arthur12384

>1.Can I rent a Photon server and use pun or fusion frameworks in unity to create my online game. (rooms, matchmaking, sync etc) Or I need to to use aside framework (mirror, fishnet etc) ?

As an enterprise customer you can rent cluster but you can not host DB on that cluster only photon. Enterprise customers can use their own plugin to access data they need. To get pricing you have to write a request to developer@photonengine.com

PUN can be used although it is now not in active development. Fusion/Quantum might be also suitable for your goals. please write to developer@photonengine.com to get details

>3.Does server work under linux?

No, there is no version for linux so far.

>do you manage all security word for server or I need to manage it by my self?

in case of enterprise customers we do

second option for you is usage of our cloud with webhooks plugin. using webhooks you will be able to send request to http backend and work with DB or social networks

third option for you is you can download server sdk, and use self-hosted solution. In this case you have to by license when you start your production.

best,

ilya

Answers

• chvetsov
    chvetsov mod
    Answer ✓

hi, @arthur12384

>1.Can I rent a Photon server and use pun or fusion frameworks in unity to create my online game. (rooms, matchmaking, sync etc) Or I need to to use aside framework (mirror, fishnet etc) ?

As an enterprise customer you can rent cluster but you can not host DB on that cluster only photon. Enterprise customers can use their own plugin to access data they need. To get pricing you have to write a request to developer@photonengine.com

PUN can be used although it is now not in active development. Fusion/Quantum might be also suitable for your goals. please write to developer@photonengine.com to get details

>3.Does server work under linux?

No, there is no version for linux so far.

>do you manage all security word for server or I need to manage it by my self?

in case of enterprise customers we do

second option for you is usage of our cloud with webhooks plugin. using webhooks you will be able to send request to http backend and work with DB or social networks

third option for you is you can download server sdk, and use self-hosted solution. In this case you have to by license when you start your production.

best,

ilya