PhotonGUI does not exist in the current context

I am using Unity 2019.2.4f1. Opened new project. Downloaded PUN 2 from unity asset store and no problems. I downloaded Photon Voice 2 and I get this error:

Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\Editor\PhotonTeamsManagerInspector.cs(140,22): error CS0103: The name 'PhotonGUI' does not exist in the current context

I prefer not to touch scripts that are from the plugin. Would be nice if it worked from the get go.

Comments

• Did you import Voice 2 into PUN 2?
    Voice 2 includes PUN 2 right in the package. If you update PUN individually, this is frequently causing issues (partly due to updates and or Unity imports).

I just downloaded PUN 2 from the store and it's fine. In doubt, empty the project, close Unity and re-open to re-import only PUN Voice 2.
  • So if I understand correctly I don't need to import PUN 2? Just Photon Voice 2?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cheesepants,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Photon Voice 2.14 was released yesterday and it includes PUN 2.17.
  • Same problem about photon chat removing system.I am work on it but some problem

• vadim
    vadim mod
    edited November 2022

Backup, remove Assets/Photon folder and import Voice package. This will install PUN2 and PhotonChat of versions compatible with Voice. You can disable unnecessary components during import or delete their folders later.