About NetworkCharacterControllerPrototype question.

Use the NetworkCharacterControllerPrototype to control the synchronization of the player's movement. When a Collider hits it, it will bounce very high. How to solve it?

In the official demo, when I set gravity down, Green players hit red players,the same problem occurred。

Best Answer

• Niels
    Niels
    Answer ✓

I think you are maybe using the wrong baseline for this.

The colliders in Tanknarok are spheres, when you run spheres into each other they are going to tend to move in whatever direction is most "convenient". On top of that, Tanknarok is not a physics based game - it's a character controller that simply avoids collision, not a physics simulated rigidbody.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve, but you could try with a taller collider (something that is not a sphere), or you may need to re-think what you're doing and use rigid bodies instead.

Answers

• Not sure what the question is?

As far as I can tell from the screenshot, you've reduced the gravity by 10x and are wondering why things bounce?

• The problem is that when I move towards another object, the correct behavior should be to stop or move on the ground instead of bouncing, reducing gravity to 10 will make the bouncing height higher

• If by 10, you mean "positive 10" then yes, you are basically inverting gravity.

Note that the default gravity in Tanknarok is -80.

• I'm very sorry that I didn't describe this problem clearly. We set the gravity value to the default value of -80, and the above problem will also occur.

The problem is that when I move towards another object, the correct behavior should be to stop or move on the ground instead of away from the ground,

• This problem affects us very much, because jumping is a very important function in our gameplay, and now it is out of control, please help us,thanks !

• Niels
    Niels
    Answer ✓

I think you are maybe using the wrong baseline for this.

The colliders in Tanknarok are spheres, when you run spheres into each other they are going to tend to move in whatever direction is most "convenient". On top of that, Tanknarok is not a physics based game - it's a character controller that simply avoids collision, not a physics simulated rigidbody.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve, but you could try with a taller collider (something that is not a sphere), or you may need to re-think what you're doing and use rigid bodies instead.