Photon Voice (PUN 2 v2.31) and iOS not working

Options

I'm having an issue with Unity 2021.3.0f1, Photon Voice (PUN 2 v2.31) and iOS. When I build on a mac or windows everything is ok. But, on an iOS device, something isn't right.

Using Photon as the mic type on an iOS device:

When I first enter a room, I can hear the background audio just fine. But, after 1 or 2 seconds I get the Microphone Permissions pop up. If I accept, all the audio in the scene immediately gets really soft. The Windows or Mac audio works just fine and I can hear the iOS device on the Windows and Mac as usual.

Using Unity as the mic type on an iOS device:

When I first enter a room, I can hear the background audio just fine. But, after 1 or 2 seconds I get the Microphone Permissions pop up. If I accept, all the audio in remains the same but I can't hear the mic from the Windows or Mac. The Windows or Mac audio works just fine and I can hear the iOS device on the Windows and Mac as usual.

We have tried the DemoVoicePun-Scene and have the same issue (We added an audio source with looping background audio to the scene). On the iOS device after accepting the Microphone Permissions pop up, the background audio cuts out. But, if I disconnect Photon Voice, using the "Voice Disconnect" button, the background audio comes back. However, the microphone voice audio is really soft.

We also tried check/uncheck Force iOS Speakers and Prepare iOS Recoding in the Unity Player Settings.

Answers

• dhishii
    Options

I have also tried in the DemoVoice scene and this happens

Step 1

iOS

- Enter

Mac

- Enter

Step 2

iOS

- Able to hear voice from the Mac, but it is softer than usual

Mac

- Voice from iOS is normal

Step 3

iOS

- Change mic type to Unity and refresh. Mac voice goes to normal volume

Mac

- iOS voices gets softer

Step 4

iOS

- Change mic type to Photon and refresh. Mac voice remains normal

Mac

- iOS voice goes back to normal

- Change mic type to Unity

Step5

iOS

- Can't hear Mac voice

Mac

- iOS voice remains unchanged

- Change mic type back to Photon/Unity and refresh

Step 6

iOS

- Still can't hear Mac voice

Mac

- iOS voice remains unchanged

• vadim
    Options

Photon mic type switches iOS audio session to voip mode with echo cancellation, automatic gain control and other useful audio processing. At the same time it may ducks other sounds on the devices including Unity output.

Unity mic type is more output-friendly. And you still can apply audio processing with WebRTCAudioDsp component.