Can I get the Photon Fusion plugin to Photon Server?

I want to make a Shared Mode with Custom Server in Photon Fusion, but tryng to access the server I get:

OperationException: Plugin Mismatch requested='FusionPlugin' got ErrorPlugin with message:'PluginFactory: Can not find plugin with name:'FusionPlugin'' (ErrorCode: 32751) Fusion.NetworkRunner.StartGameModeCloud (Fusion.StartGameArgs args) (at Fusion/Fusion.Runtime/Runner/NetworkRunner.Matchmaking.cs:631) UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception.

I want the FusionPlugin, when I will found it?

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CaioCabralBR,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Currently, Photon Fusion works only with a Photon Fusion AppId (AppType = Fusion) on Photon Cloud. The FusionPlugin is not provided with the server SDK and runs only on Photon Cloud for applications of type Fusion.

I can't speak on behalf of the Photon Fusion team and I don't know what their plan is but maybe a custom Photon Fusion server plugin will be an option for Enterprise Customers (private Photon Cloud) in the future.

• @JohnTube But in the doc https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/fusion/current/manual/state-transfer#shared_mode it list in the shared mode that it has a fusion server plugin that allow for custom code..... Is that the same plugin if i join the enterprise for fusion? will fusion enterprise have the server plugin to allow custom code?

• Hello @tomlet ,

Custom Fusion Plugin is not available yet and we can't give you an ETA for it, company policy.

We are considering the best approach to make it happen, and as soon we have an update on this matter, we will share the documentation links and announce it on our Discord Server.

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team

• @ramonmelo Is there anything new about FusionPlugin? when can we develop Custom Fusion on self host server?

• Hi @vollen ,

Up to this moment, no, but this is in development and will be available in the near future.

We don't provide any ETAs for when it will be ready, but we will for sure announce it when it happens.

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team

• Hi there,

I was starting setting-up a Fusion Server locally, i added the Custom Auth Plugin editing NameServer.xml.config to allow the same behaviour as the Cloud version.

But now that i can authenticate on my local server comes the next problem: FusionPlugin is missing and of course the Connection is instantly denied.

Do you have any news on Server FusionPlugin? How can we develop theses? Can we test/upload a Plugin on the Cloud version?

Jerome

• hi @jlevet

you can not use FusionPlugin locally? it is not accessible.

if you have any further question please write a e-mail to developer@photonengine.com

best,

ilya

• @ramonmelo Is there any news? Will it be awailable in next half year?