about Fusion Tanknarok Multiplayer

For the shared mode button in the game, when I input the same room name, it often happens that two devices cannot enter the same room

Comments

• help me

• Hi, sorry for the late response.

What seems to be the problem? your clients Runners has the same session name on inspector as well? Or they don't connect at all?

-----

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

• Yes, when two clients connect to the same room name, they often create two rooms and cannot enter the same room

• When I input the same room name on both devices,

Sometimes two devices won't go into the same room,

Instead, another room will be created

• Both phones can access the network via wifi.

In the main interface, select the sharing mode on the right:

1. Phone A, enter the room ID: test666, and enter.

2. Phone B, enter the room ID: test666, and enter.

Sometimes, 2 mobile phones can enter the same room and participate in the game together.

Sometimes, 2 mobile phones will enter 2 separate rooms and cannot participate in the game together.

Using the Fusion Tanknarok Multiplayer project in the unity store

• Hi,

Do you try to connect at the same time or do you wait for the session to be created on one instance before starting the other?

-----

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

• wait for the session to be created on one instance before starting the other

• Isaac_Augusto
    edited August 2022

Please try to log the session name (and the active players count) when connected to confirm the names of each session created. Also please lock the region of your App Id on the dashboard to avoid creating 2 sessions on different regions.

If they have exactly the same name and are on the same region, should not be possible for the 2 sessions exist.

I was not able to reproduce the issue

-----

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

• So i used the Join host and Host game mode, the same problem appeared to me for the first time, i tried half hour look into the script to find out whats the problem, but everything is what it supposed to be.

Then without change anything, i ran it again with 2 of my friends, it just works, not sure why the problem cannot be reproduced, but from then, it just alright anyhow.