How to correctly set up Network Transform/Network Rigidbody?

LususNaturae
edited May 2022 in Fusion

I'm sorry, this is probably a very basic question, but I don't seem to be able to figure it out on my own.

What do I have to do in order to correctly set up a Network Rigidbody?

I have a very basic scene with a Network Runner. The game is set to launch in shared mode automatically.

I have one object with a Rigidbody, a Network Object and a Network Rigidbody components.

When I start two instances of the game, one of them is able to move the object and that change is copied just fine on the other instance. But when I try to invert the roles, it doesn't work. If I grab the object in the second instance, it doesn't move in the first one and the instant I drop it, it goes back to its original position.

Also, the method TeleportToPosition isn't doing anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Best Answer

• emotitron
    emotitron ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Are you changing the StateAuthority for the object to the other player? Only the StateAuthority of the object can modify its position. If a player which does not have StateAuthority moves it, then those changes will be quickly overwritten by incoming states from the actual authority.

A player can take over authority with:  Object.RequestStateAuthority();

Whoever, either the previous authority must first call Object.ReleaseStateAuthority(), or the NetworkObject must have AllowStateAuthorityOverride enabled.

Answers

• emotitron
    emotitron ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Are you changing the StateAuthority for the object to the other player? Only the StateAuthority of the object can modify its position. If a player which does not have StateAuthority moves it, then those changes will be quickly overwritten by incoming states from the actual authority.

A player can take over authority with:  Object.RequestStateAuthority();

Whoever, either the previous authority must first call Object.ReleaseStateAuthority(), or the NetworkObject must have AllowStateAuthorityOverride enabled.