Photon Voice 2 for Hololens 2

Options

Hello everyone, do I understand it correctly that following documentation on Photon Voice 2, is Photon Voice no longer available for Hololens 2 for free? I quote "The HoloLens 2 platform support for Photon Voice 2 comes in form of an addon package in our download page. It is a free download for Industries Circle members."

Or is it only mine misinterpretation? If this membership is paid, is there any way how to share my voice when using PUN 2 in my cross-platform (AR for Hololens and VR for Oculus Quest) app?

Thank you for any help in advance :)

Best Answer

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @adammartiska,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

In order to use Photon Voice on HoloLens 2 you need to enroll for the Photon Circle paid membership. Once you are in the circle you can get a HoloLens 2 add-on for Photon Voice 2 to build for HololLens 2.

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @adammartiska,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

In order to use Photon Voice on HoloLens 2 you need to enroll for the Photon Circle paid membership. Once you are in the circle you can get a HoloLens 2 add-on for Photon Voice 2 to build for HololLens 2.

• adammartiska
    Options

Hello @JohnTube , thank you for your fast response. I was just wondering if there isn't any free license for students because I am implementing this app as part of my diploma thesis,

Thank you :)

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @adammartiska,

Send an email to developer@photonengine.com with your request.

Photon is students and indies friendly.

But I can't promise anything!

• adammartiska
    Options

Thank you very much :)

• hdobariya
    Options

Have you found any solution? Cause I'm also facing the same issue. Photo Voice 2 is not working in my HoloLens 2. Could you help me out which settings I should do?

• chuckyw
    Options

Hi @hdobariya, as mentioned before, for HoloLens you need a special addon, that is available only to Photon Circle members (which is a paid service). You can try to send an email to developer@photonengine.com and describe your request, your project, etc. Maybe there is a way for you, but I cannot promise anything.