HELP!!! Problems with EU server.

ufnv
ufnv
edited March 2022 in Native

Hi!

I am in EU, today found a strange problem -> creating a room with RegionSelectionMode::BEST or RegionSelectionMode::SELECT + "eu" -> the room is not listed when querying.

If I set any other region, the room is visible. The same core was working fine for more than 2 years, so it's improbably to be on my side.

Best Answer

• Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ufnv.

Great to here that it is indeed resolved. Thanks for letting us know.

For the future:

I am trying to release a hot fix that allows manual server selection as a workaround, but it is not the right way to resolve the problem.

You can always just set-up a whitelist in you dashboard to change the regions that are available to the clients without having to release new clients. In the experienced scenario in which an issue only happened in the EU region you could have included all other regions, but not the EU region in the whitelist.

That way existing clients would automatically use another region, as long as you have not hard-coded the clients to always use the EU-region in production without any fallback no matter what, but you shouldn't hard-code a single region without a fallback anyway.

Answers

• ufnv
    ufnv
    edited March 2022

As an update - looks like some requests to the EU server are lost.

So opCreateRoom() works, but then if I want to change the Room properties with .mergeCustomProperties(), it returns TRUE, but the room properties are never updated (obviously I call .service() constantly after this).

And this happens ONLY on the EU server. If connected to any other server, everything works fine.

This started something like 1-2 days ago.

HELP!!! My EU community cannot play the game :(

• Hi @ufnv.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We are looking into it and are currently in the process of reverting the EU-region to a slightly older version of the server code as a quick fix.

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Hi @ufnv,

Please send an email to developer@photonengine.com with your AppId and description (repro) of the issue(s).

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

• ufnv
    ufnv
    edited March 2022

E-mail sent. Hope you can find the problem soon.

I am trying to release a hot fix that allows manual server selection as a workaround, but it is not the right way to resolve the problem.

• Seems to work again. Thanks!

• Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ufnv.

Great to here that it is indeed resolved. Thanks for letting us know.

For the future:

You can always just set-up a whitelist in you dashboard to change the regions that are available to the clients without having to release new clients. In the experienced scenario in which an issue only happened in the EU region you could have included all other regions, but not the EU region in the whitelist.

That way existing clients would automatically use another region, as long as you have not hard-coded the clients to always use the EU-region in production without any fallback no matter what, but you shouldn't hard-code a single region without a fallback anyway.

• Thanks for the hint, this possibility has definitely slipped from my mind - it would have helped the problem.