Photon Server WebGL AWS EC2 hosting issue

I use the photon demo and i created a windows instance on EC2. I followed the documentation, I opened all ports closed the firewall. I made the cnfigurations as adressed on the documentation. When I run the photon demo it does not connect to photon server on WebGL platform. I added the build into my webpage. I added my SSL with proper configurations on PhotonServer.config, NameServer.config. However I cannot reach out to my page. I am not having any errors if I am on Unity editor. On the webpage however I got some reply (see the picture).

Note that when I run the application build taken on Windows desktop platform of unity it works. Problem is only when I try to connect with webGL. Another thing is I get a healty reply from my EC2 server as i ping it.I opened every ports. Including 19093, 9090, 9091,9092,9093. I added evey security protocokol with anyports and all IPs

Comments

• hi, @Reyhann

could you try first to get WS (not WSS) working. Once it works we will take a look on WSS

best,

ilya

• Reyhann
    Reyhann
    edited March 2022

Hi @chvetsov. Should I just change the wss to ws on unity and add ws:// at the beginning of source?If so I d'd that and it did not work. It could not connect to photon server. Is there any other change I should make?

• you have to make ports available. WS has different ports. The thing is that WSS has its own complexity to setup because of certificates. WS is more like Tcp and Udp. It is easier to get it working

share logs with us once you complete

best,

ilya

• I get the following error when I try to accesss it on my webpage with ws.

• Reyhann
    Reyhann
    edited March 2022

Now my server is not working at all. for some reason when I try to start it it does not start. Logs showing that it is shutting down with error. Any ideas? @chvetsov

• 4728: 13:33:27.502 - CService::OnException() - Exception: CCreateSimpleContext::CreateSSLContext() - Failed to load certificate file: "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\photon-server-sdk_v5-0-12\deploy\bin_Win64\certs\server.pem" - error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory

best,

ilya