Playfab ID + PhotonChat friend status update no response

Options

Hello everyone! Like the code above, I was able to execute connect to chat with photon chat friends added using their playfab ID, and the authvalue in chatclient for each user is set up to the user's own playfab ID as well (I tested them and they work as intended). I also implemented the chat listener interface, and I was able to set up sending private messages flawlessly. However, I'm receiving no OnStatusUpdate callback when a friend is added or when a friend logs online / offline into the photon chat. Does anyone have experience dealing with this? Thank you so much for your time and help!

Best Answer

• SadgeWorker
    Answer ✓
    Options

I see.... you have to wait till chatroom is connected THEN you add friends

Answers

• SadgeWorker
    Options

Could this be a bug on Photons' end? Or is there an upgrade package I need to purchase

• SadgeWorker
    Options

Nvm I'm getting false from adding friend request; gonna investigate a bit more into that

• SadgeWorker
    Options

Hmm it returns false when the operation could not be sent... weird weird weird

• SadgeWorker
    Answer ✓
    Options

I see.... you have to wait till chatroom is connected THEN you add friends

• Yuvi
    Options

Bro, I have the dame issue. First time connection shows friends online status.... When i cut the network connection and reconnect with photon and photon chat, it doesnt shows the friends online status..... Any help please