Is it possible to connect a client to another master server's room?

I want to implement a depth system in a room using the photon server sdk. I want to use multiple load balancers to reduce the load of each depth. For example, client x connected to room a of master server A, send a request that room creation to master server B, and connects to the created room b. Is it possible to do?

Best Answers

• chvetsov
    chvetsov mod
    Answer ✓

hi, @Xenociel

in general yes, you can do it. But your master server should have separate set of game servers. currently game servers do not support more than one master

best,

ilya

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓

You need to Disconnect() to connect to another Master Server. Note: You are not disconnected immediately in this case. Wait until the callback for disconnected got called.

Answers

• chvetsov
    chvetsov mod
    Answer ✓

hi, @Xenociel

in general yes, you can do it. But your master server should have separate set of game servers. currently game servers do not support more than one master

best,

ilya

• hi thanks for the answer @chvetsov

Precisely, each master server has its own game server, and only clients change connections.

I am testing using the demo client provided by Photon pun. Can I just use the PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings() method when reconnecting at runtime? Is there no disconnection procedure required?

The 'Configuration For Self Hosted Photon Server' item in 'pun's documentation -> getting started -> Setup and Connect' did not explain how to leave the master server.

• @Tobias could you help with client side questions?

best,

ilya

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓

You need to Disconnect() to connect to another Master Server. Note: You are not disconnected immediately in this case. Wait until the callback for disconnected got called.

• @Tobias I have confirmed that a timeout of about 20 seconds is applied! thank you!